If you have any items that may be of historical interest to the museum give the curator a call to discuss a time to view the object. Objects may be photographs, paintings, books, instruments or objects in general. However, there are some points to consider:
- We do not accept Loans - only permanent Donations;
- The object should comply with the museum's Collection Policy, which requires that it has a link to Townsville's maritime past and fits within a current or planned display theme;
- You will need to confirm that you are the owner of the object and fill out the collection paperwork;
- We will need to know some of the history of the object, ie, its age, what it was used for, who used it etc. In this way, the object is given some historical and contextual value;
- Due to lack of display space it may not be possible to display the object immediately, but we are happy to keep it in storage until such time as a new display is developed.